Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012

My thoughts on Gyaru

Hey gals,
Today I've got a more serious post for you. It won't contain much or any pics either.
But I thought about such a thing a long time now and I'll try to put my emotions in words now.

The main reason I'm writing this is because I do think that nearly the whole western gyaru community is pretty much... fucked up. Like, really fucked up.

I even heared about that before I came to like that style.
It had been things like 'Oh, beware those gals are all antisocial and bitchy'.
But well, I thought "I don't care what other people think I'll have to make my own experiences!"
And that's pretty much how I handle my life. Making your own impressions of something first.
But now I sadly have to admit that this time the person who told me that was about 90% right.

First of all,
look at what comes to everyone's thoughts first:
Gyaru Secrets.
Everybody indicates that he hates it but honestly nearly everyone is excited about those secrets every week.
I also think some are quite funny or true - but most of them are just exaggerated shit.
And nothing more besides that.

All that "Naaawww, that's not gyaru! / You're too fat / Never try again, bitch!" creates the worst atmosphere in what should be an 'underground' style I've ever experienced.
The original gal-lifestyle was about being unique and not caring what anybody else thinks about you. About doing things your own way and about being open-minded despite the (japanese) conservative society.
And guess what?
Right. The western community turned everything upside down.
It's all about "what really looks gal and what doesn't" - it creates some strange rules which never existed before and which are just really.. unnecessary.
Sure, some basic things whick make gyarus should be there: like fake lashes, great hair, plenty of make-up and a good sense of fashion coordination.
But that, girls, is practicable for everyone! Regardless of weight or skin-colour or whatnot.
Why keep on complaining about "You fail at everything, just stop it!" instead of giving constructive criticsm and helping each other out?

"You just can't live in a world where everybody loves you! So why do you always try so hard?"
Yeah, I know that, sadly.
But if everyone would respect each other and would at least be friendly or ignore the people you don't like it would be a lot  better, don't you think so?
Little things are also important.

I really hate how un-unique many western gals want to be it seems.
(Although they're shoving it into your face how special they are.)
I always have a funny image in my mind:
Imagine, a punk guy would walk up to another punk guy and tell him
"Oh noooo! Your hair spike is a little too much to the left side! How could you call that punk?!"
wouldn't that be hilarious?
Yeah, and that's pretty much how I see all the hate here.

Moreover it seems to me that in this community it just isn't enough to like the same make-up or substyle to get along with each other.
But that's not that bad to begin with - it's just sad that it seems like we're judging each other based on other likings besides that.
If you can't get along with someone then just leave him/her be, what's so hard about that?
I needed to learn how to do that and I felt much better afterwards.

Another thing is the big failure of so called "gyaru circles" here in the west.
I've been in two and both failed with great applause.
I'll never ever be in one again.
Also this concept is somehow misinterpreted by western communities.

Honestly....
I'm ashamed of what our western gyaru community is mostly.
I'm ashamed of being compared to those bitches which truly exist here.
I'm ashamed of what Japanese gyarus think of us.
I'm ashamed of calling myself a gaijin gyaru with all those bad conotations it has.

But don't be afraid I won't stop with Gyaru. Really, no.
Not because of such shit - it's just on the internet (mostly) and I'm dressing up my body and not my facebook profile (or such things).
I love my Ane Gal, 46gal and Ora Ora way too much to stop!
But I retreated from the German community (in a physical way as I won't ever go to any meetings again and on the internet) which relieved me a lot in the end.
Still it's not only here in my country but everywhere else around the world.
And it's not only concerning me but so many people.

I know what probably will go on behind my back again now.
But really - I don't give a fuck. It's the internet and nobody will ever be brave enough to step up and talk to me face to face.
If I don't want to be confronted with bullshit I can just close tabs or shut down my PC. Easy as that.
If there are people who get off on my 'bad bad life' - just have fun, lol. I won't stop you.

This needed to be said.
I even got stomachaches because sometime I needed to tell everyone my own opinions.
Now I feel much better. Heeehaw.

Some last clear facts: 

- I'm always open to talk to anyone who has a problem with me (think about that for yourself!)

- I don't hate any gyaru. Hate is just too strong of a word.

- I will keep on being gyaru to maybe make our comm a better place sometime
(I love things like our gyaru LVL up group on facebook!)

- I will help anyone who asks for my advice - it beeing in style or problems.

My dream is bringing the sense for gyaru back to it's origins.
Being sexy, rebellious, carefree, open-minded and where the main goal is simply:
To have fun!
Most importantly: Dress up for yourself. Not for everyone else.



Love,











Due to spamming comments have been disabled. Sorry.

12 Kommentare:

  1. I know I'm not really into gyaru, but I do understand your attitude and I've kinda seen the problem the same way as you do. It's great you have finally let all of that out (^u^)b

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wuuh, ich bin zwar auch kein Gyaru, aber ich mag die Mode sehr!
    Ich hab sogar Gyarukram zuhause, aber ich würde mich nieeemals trauen mich als einer zu bekennen oder so weil ich Angst vor der Szene habe, vor allem weil ich nach wie vor Lolita bin, die einfach ab und an gerne Gyaru inspiriert herumläuft wenn ich keine Lust auf Petticoat hat xD
    Was ich damit sagen will:
    Ja, die Szene wirkt sehr unfreundlich und man hat große Bedenken, ob man davon ein Teil sein wollen würde.
    Einige Gyarus sind ja supernett (dich und deine Freundin mag ich ja auch ganz gern, soweit wir uns kennen ^^); aber das gebitche ist too much.
    Daher finde ich deinen Eintrag super und ich hoffe, du konntest manche zum Denken anregen <3

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Applause. Big, big applause for that.
    I dunno what to say else - wrote some words for you as well on Aijis blog in the forenoon...
    But anyway.
    I'm happy you'll keep your style going and that you didn't forgot the sense behind actually - every fashion.

    Maybe I'll do a post about that sooner or later too... (also to exchange opinions?) after you both wrote about it I really feel like it but I have to postpone this. (:

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. wenn du nich soweit weg wohnen würdest hät ich dir auch alles ins gesicht gesagt was mich an dir/euch stört. just saying.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Du hast es ja nicht mal fertig gebracht, mir auf meine letzte Nachricht zu antworten. ôô; just saying.

      Löschen
    2. Ja weil das NUR Bullshit is was da drin steht. Und du NUR Ausreden hast. Du willst es nich einsehen und ich rede mir nur unnötig den Mund fusselig und verschwende meine Zeit. Das seh ich nich ein. Und Bitch wer denkst du eig wer du bist . Just saying mir jetz nachzuplappern. Mega uncool bitch just saying (trolol.)

      Löschen
    3. ...Entschuldigung, aber diese Ausdrucksweise verstehe ich nicht. o.o

      Löschen
  5. Ich finds voll traurig.. Ich denk aber ganz genauso wie du. So gut wie die ganze Community (nicht nur die deutsche) ist so lächerlich und erbärmlich, deswegen will ich auch gar nicht dazugehören, wäre mir viel zu peinlich.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. wtf?? Poo? Du bist im Forum und in Rising Star und willst aba nich dazu gehören?? Das check ich jetz nich aber okay?

      Löschen
  6. I really love this post and I gotta say I agree ! Before I went to Japan I was afraid I might get judged by japanese gyarus, but actually it was much better to be a ´´gal´´there as everyone was so friendly and not bitchy at all. Gaijin gyarus should learn a little from japanese gyaru.s

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. This post needs to be seen by those bitchy not so nice gals ive seen how cruel they can be to a total stranger instead of bring happy that this fashion is growing here in the west its just a shame :(

    AntwortenLöschen